The Master of Artificial Intelligence programme provides opportunities for degree holders in Computer Science / Information Technology to :
- Demonstrate the ability and to apply artificial intelligence techniques theoretically and practically in a variety of situations.
- Develop candidates who can contribute their skills in the practical development of artificial intelligence for society's well-being and sustainability development.
- Develop candidates who can demonstrate professional attitudes and ethics in producing science and technology solutions through innovative artificial inteliigence.
This programme encompass the theoretical and practical knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, equipping the candidate with the knowledge and skills needed to produce AI solutions that support automation.
The type of programme offered for the Master of Artificial Intelligence is a programme consisting of 10 coursework which prepares students for the final capstone project, which allows students to apply the knowledge they learned in the taught courses to real-world applications.
Brochure Programme Requirements FAQ
The programme of study: Two (2) semesters + one (1) special semester, to eight (8) semester.
COURSES MODULE (42 Credit Hours)
CORE COURSES (26 Credits) + ELECTIVE COURSES (6 Credits) + ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH PROJECT (10 Credits)
CORE COURSES (24 Credits)
|Core Courses (Part I)
|Advanced Machine Learning
|Artificial Intelligence Techniques
|Data Analytics in Artificial Intelligence
|Data Privacy and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Ethics
|Computer Vision and Image Processing
|Natural Langiuage Processing
ELECTIVE COURSES (6 Credit Hours)
Please select two (2) subject elective only:
PART II : ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH PROJECT (10 Credit Hours)
|Practical Deep Learning
|Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI)
|Robotics and Automation
(Note: The course that will be offered every semester; are subject to change depending on the availability of teaching staff and the number of registered students).
For admission into the Master of Artificial Intelligence programme, applicants must have at least:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Information Technology (Science stream) or a related field with a minimum CGPA of 3.0; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Information Technology (Science stream) or a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.7-2.99 with Computer Science/ Artificial Intelligence experiences minimum 3 years.
International applicants are required to have:
- At least IELTS Band 6 (Academic) or TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) / 213 (computer based) / 80 (Internet based) /PTE minimum 57 score if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
Universiti Malaya has one intake per year, in September/October
- This programme is a full-time mode, with classes held from 6-9 pm on weekdays and during the weekends.